Korean Sizzle Chicken
By September 12, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
Authentic flavors of the orient in a quick easy to throw together recipe. A little spicy a.k.a. sizzle but very palatable.
- 5 chicken legs skin on
- 5 chicken thighs skin on
- 4 potatoes diced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sake you can use dark yuengling
- 1 1/2 T. Korean chili paste I have used red curry paste also
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 T. sasame oil
- 5 cloves garlic smashed loosely
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 T. rice wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 T. honey or 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 cups rice cooked
- In a crock pot place all ingredients except the potatoes, rice and cilantro. Put that in the last hour of cooking. Place on high and cook for at least 6 hours.
Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve over rice.